Pedestrian Killed in East Austin Crash
One person was killed Thursday morning after being struck by a vehicle in East Austin.
Details of the Fatal East Austin Pedestrian Crash
According to CBS Austin, a fatal accident was reported near the intersection of East U.S. 290 Highway near Berkman Drive around 6:40 am.
Officials say a man was walking in a westbound lane of traffic when he was struck by a woman driving a van. The man died of his injuries.
One lane of traffic was closed as authorities investigated the scene. Traffic was detoured to the frontage road at the Cameron Road exit.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Legal Representation from Thomas J. Henry
Being involved in an accident can have long-term consequences and you should not have to deal with this alone. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer at Thomas J. Henry Law today. Our team will fight to ensure you are properly compensated after suffering an injury in a pedestrian accident.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)