San Antonio police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who fled the scene of a fatal pedestrian crash on the city’s Northwest Side.
Details of the San Antonio Hit-and-Run
News 4 SA reports the fatal crash occurred just before 9 p.m. Wednesday near Bandera Road and Sherril Brook Road.
Police say a man was crossing the street when he was struck by a dark-colored vehicle and then a second vehicle. The man was dead by the time police arrived.
The pickup left the scene of the crash. The second driver stopped and is cooperating with investigators.
The crash remains under investigation. The driver that remained at the scene is not facing any charges.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Injured in a Pedestrian Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one were injured in a pedestrian accident, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our San Antonio car accident lawyers have represented clients for more than 25 years. We will take immediate action on your case, gathering the evidence and information necessary to secure maximum compensation.
Thomas J. Henry Law works on a contingency fee basis which means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case. Call now.