Pregnant Woman Killed in Corpus Christi Crash, Baby Stable After Emergency C-Section
Corpus Christi police are investigating a fatal crash that left a pregnant woman dead Wednesday night.
Details of the Fatal Corpus Christi Crash
According to KIII-TV, the crash occurred when a driver accelerated from a stopped position in a parking lot, crashed through a gate, and collided with a building at a high rate of speed.
Firefighters and police extracted three people from the vehicle. One passenger, a 25-year-old pregnant woman, suffered critical injuries and was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.
The woman ultimately died from her injuries, but doctors were able to save her child via emergency C-section. The infant is reported to be in stable condition.
Police stated that the driver appeared to be under the influence of an unknown substance. He is expected to be arrested once he is released from the hospital.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,623 people were killed in crashes on Texas roads in 2019.
- Single vehicle, run-off the road crashes resulted in 1,172 deaths, accounting for 32.35% of all motor vehicle traffic deaths.
- Another 256,797 people were injured in Texas motor vehicle crashes in 2019 with 15,855 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2019:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 3 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds.
Injured in a Car Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been involved in a car crash in Corpus Christi, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately. Our injury attorneys have represented clients in Corpus Christi and surrounding areas for nearly 30 years. We are committed to client satisfaction and fight to ensure our clients are in the best position to receive maximum compensation.
Call now for your free case consultation with a licensed Corpus Christi car accident attorney. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.