Vitamix Blenders Recalled – Laceration Hazard
Vitamix Corporation has issued a voluntary recall for the Vitamix 64-Ounce Low Profile Container, which is sold at major retailers nationwide, at show demonstrations, and online. According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, 165,000 units of this product have been circulated in the U.S. and 4,300 more in Canada from April 2013 to August 2013.
About the Blender Recall
- The blade can break and may potentially pose a laceration hazard.
- There have been 18 reports of the blade breaking.
- At this time, there are no reports of injury.
- Consumers should immediately stop using this product.
VitamixConatiner Recall Description
The following information has been provided by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- The recall involves Vitamix 64-ounce Low-Profile containers with blade part number 103208 A and blade date codes 03-12 (March 2012) through 07-13 (July 2013).
- The blade part number and date code are laser etched onto the top of the blade at the bottom of the container.
- The clear, plastic, 64-ounce container with black plastic handle and lid was sold with Vitamix blender models 7500, Professional Series 300, Professional Series 750 and individually.
- Replacement blades with part number 104602 A are not affected.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.