Ten Cars Crash on Texas Highway – One Dead
An SUV rolled over on the highway, initiating an accident involving ten other cars.
About the Fatal Car Crash
News 4 San Antonio reports that an SUV overturned on the access road of North Loop 1604 and La Cantera Parkway on March 24. According to authorities, the driver was travelling in the southbound lane when he struck another vehicle, making his car roll over and causing ten other vehicles to crash.
The man was ejected from his car and died at the scene. The surviving passenger in the SUV was rushed to the hospital in critical condition, while the other drivers involved were treated at the scene by emergency personnel.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Texas Car Crash Statistics for 2017
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- In 2017, more than 3,500 people were killed and more 17,500 people sustained serious injuries in vehicle crashes in Texas.
- In 2017, twenty-eight percent of crash-related fatalities in Texas involved a driver under the influence of alcohol.
- Forty percent of of people killed in restraint-equipped vehicles in Texas in 2017 were not restrained at the time of the crash.
- There were 57 total pedalcyclist fatalities in 2017 in the state of Texas.
Five Vehicle Safety Tips
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has several recommendations for staying safe when driving, including:
- Never drink and drive
- Avoid distraction and being mindful of motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians
- Check for vehicle recalls
- Keep an emergency repair and first aid kit accessible
- Change lanes to give space to any law enforcement officers
Contact an Experienced Automobile Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve. Our team of injury attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.