A car crash in Milan County, Texas on Monday has left one man dead and his 5-year-old daughter injured.
About the Car Crash
According to KWTX, 33-year-old Adam Apollo Alderman was driving a pickup truck along State Highway 36 when his vehicle collided with an 18-wheeler around 10 pm.
Alderman was pronounced dead at the scene while his daughter, 5, was flown to Scott & White Hospital in Temple – her condition is not known.
The driver of the tractor-trailer sustained no reported injuries.
The wreckage from the crash blocked the highway in both directions. The highway was re-opened around 1:15 a.m. Tuesday after emergency crews cleared the scene.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
Following information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation:
- In 2012, 3,399 people lost their lives on Texas roadways in traffic collisions. This marked a 10.82 percent increase from 2011.
- Additionally, 230,506 others were injured in auto accidents with 87,087 people suffering serious injuries.
- Using available data, TxDOT was able to determine:
- One person was killed every 2 hours and 35 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 17 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 75 seconds.