Two people are dead following a crash involving a tow truck and a passenger vehicle in North Fort Worth.
Details of the Fort Worth Tow Truck Accident
According to NBC-DFW, the fatal collision occurred around 2:20 am at the intersection of Interstate 35W and U.S. 287.
Police say the vehicles collided at the entrance ramp to Highway 287. Two occupants of the passenger vehicle were declared dead at the scene. Their names have not been released.
The tow truck was towing a vehicle when the crash occurred.
The ramp was closed for several hours as authorities investigated the scene.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Need a Car Accident Attorney? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in are around the Dallas-Fort Worth area, call Thomas J. Henry Law.
For nearly 30 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has represented car accident victims across the state of Texas. We have helped our clients secure meaningful compensation for their injuries and damages and have helped them get their lives back on track.
Do not wait, call now to speak with a Dallas car accident lawyer. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.