A woman is dead and a man has been arrested as a result of a drunk driving crash in Live Oak on Tuesday night.
Details of the Fatal Live Oak Drunk Driving Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred at the intersection of Pat Booker Road and Live Oak Crossing around 11:20 pm.
Police say a truck was traveling westbound on pat Booker at a high rate of speed when the driver ran a red light and collided with the driver’s side of a car. The driver of the car, a 21-year-old woman, died in the crash.
Police suspected the driver of the truck, William James Ballestero, 32, was intoxicated. Ballestero refused to cooperate and was ultimately taken into custody as a warrant was obtained for a blood test. Ballestero was later charged with intoxication manslaughter.
The woman was not identified to the public, and the crash remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Injured in a San Antonio Car Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you have been injured in a car accident in or around San Antonio, contact Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance. Car accidents can result in long-term, potentially life-altering injuries. Thomas J. Henry Law can help you secure the financial compensation you need to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Do not wait. Our San Antonio car accident lawyers are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Further, because we work on a contingency fee basis, our clients do not pay us anything unless and until we win their case. Call now for your free case consultation.