Woman Killed in South Austin Accident
About the Fatal Austin Accident
Police report the accident occurred around 4:20 pm Wednesday on West William Cannon Drive and Ridge Oak Road. The investigation showed that grey Volkswagen Jetta, driver by Ann Bottenfield-Seago, failed to yield to a stop sign while trying to turn westbound. The vehicle collided with a Chevrolet truck.
Bottenfield-Seago, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. Bottenfield-Seago’s passenger and the driver of the truck were transported to the hospital
No charges are expected to be filed. APD is investigating this case, and anyone with information is urged to contact them.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2017.
- 761 of those deaths were associated with crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- An additional 254,853 people were killed in traffic accidents in 2017.
- On average:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident in Texas every 2 hours and 21 minutes in 2017.
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Austin Auto Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car crash in Austin? Our experienced car accident attorneys in Austin are available 24/7 to take your call and provide you with a free legal consultation. Thomas J. Henry has a track record of achieving real result for clients suffering from serious and debilitating injuries. Let our team of attorneys help you navigate the legal process while you focus on healing. Call today to speak with an attorney, or fill out the contact form on this page and we will contact you.
- Phone Number: (512) 347-1200 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 901 S MoPac Expy #300, Austin, TX 78746 (walk-in Monday through Friday)