Newsweek Names Thomas J. Henry Law One of the “Top Law Firms of 2020”
SAN ANTONIO, TX (August 17, 2020) – Thomas J. Henry Law has been named one of the Top Law Firms of 2020 by Newsweek. This is the sixth time Thomas J. Henry and his firm have been recognized by the publication.
In 2014, Newsweek.com named Thomas J. Henry one of the 10 Best Attorneys in the Nation, and, in 2015, Newsweek Legal Insight featured Thomas J. Henry as a Legal Superstar. In 2016, Thomas J. Henry was named a Premier Law Firm of 2016. In 2018, Thomas J. Henry was named one of the Best Personal Injury Attorneys of 2018 and in 2019 his firm was named a Premier Law Firm by Newsweek.
The feature spotlighted the firm’s national success in Personal Injury Law, its status as the largest personal injury firm in Texas, and it’s nationally-recognized Mass Tort endeavors. The piece also made note of Thomas J. Henry’s reputation as a philanthropist and his decades of community involvement.
About Thomas J. Henry Law, PLLC
Thomas J. Henry Law is one of the nation’s leading personal injury firms. For over 25 years, the firm has fought to secure justice and compensation for individuals who have lost loved ones due to the negligence of others and to prevent similar instances of wrongful death from occurring again.
Founder Thomas J. Henry and his firm have been the recipients of numerous awards over the years.
In 2020, the firm was named one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor for the second consecutive year. It was the only law firm to secure the accolade.
In 2019, Thomas J. Henry Law was recognized as one of the nation’s Premier Law Firms by Newsweek.com. That same year, Bloomberg Businessweek published a feature on Thomas J. Henry, highlighting his firm’s “clear commitment to client satisfaction.” Thomas J. Henry was also named the Best Attorney of San Antonio by the San Antonio Current.
In 2018, Thomas J. Henry was named a Distinguished Lawyer by Lawyers of Distinction and was also recognized as one of the Best Personal Injury Attorneys in the nation by Newsweek.com. In 2017, Thomas J. Henry achieved one of the 10 largest verdicts recorded in Texas for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by Texas Lawyer, an ALM company) as well as the #1 Texas Car Accident, Bus Accident, and Negligent Supervision Verdicts for the year (awarded to Thomas J. Henry by TopVerdict.com).
Recent verdicts include:
- $67 Million for a Workplace Accident Resulting in Leg Amputation (Expenses: $250,000 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,570,000 | Net to Client: $4,680,000)
- $50 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $1,126,381 | Attorney’s Fees: $21,000,000 | Net to Client: $27,000,000)
- $35 Million for a Trucking Accident Resulting in Wrongful Death (Expenses: $100,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $12,750,000.00 | Net to Client: $22,150,000.00)
- $30.2 Million for an Accident Involving a Recalled Vehicle Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $39,576.15 | Attorney’s Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57)
- $12.7 Million for a Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300.000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $2,000,000.00 | Net to Client: $10.4 Million – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10.9 Million for Medical Malpractice Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $300,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 – Purchase of Lifetime Annuity)
- $10 Million for a Company Vehicle Accident Resulting in Spinal Cord and Back Injuries (Expenses: $125,000.00 | Attorney’s Fees: $4,250,000.00 | Net to Client: $5,625,000.00)
In 2016, Forbes Magazine named Thomas J. Henry a “Texas Leader in Law,” noting his ability to secure large financial awards, a positive reputation among professional peers, and a dedication to philanthropy at the local, national, and global levels.
Thomas J. Henry is also a lifetime member of both the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys of America.”
Outside of the courtroom, the firm is known for its many philanthropic endeavors and generous contributions to local and global communities.
The firm has an active philanthropy program which supports causes related to poverty, veterans, national disaster relief, education, animals, and the arts.
Thomas J. Henry is also a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum – the latter of which is recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States with less than 1% of U.S. lawyers listed as members. Mr. Henry has also been declared a Lifetime Charter member of Rue Ratings’ “Best Attorneys in America.”