Family of Four Hospitalized Following San Antonio Crash
Four family members and a passenger of a second vehicle were hospitalized following a crash in San Antonio on Friday night.
Speed, Alcohol Suspected Factor in Collision
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 10:45 pm on FM 78 near Foster Road. Preliminary reports suggest a GMC Yukon was traveling southbound on FM 78 when it crossed over the center line, swiping a 2017 Kia before colliding head-on with a Cadillac.
The impact of the initial caused the Cadillac to veer into the entrance of an Arby’s restaurant. The GMC stopped on the sidewalk and the driver fled from the scene on foot.
The front passenger of the Cadillac, identified as a 27-year-old woman, and the front passenger of the GMC, a 27-year-old man, were transported to Brooke Army Medical Center in serious condition. Three other occupants of the Cadillac, a 26-year-old man, a 2-year-old girl, and a 5-year-old boy, were taken to University Hospital.
The driver of the GMC is facing four counts of failure to stop and render aid and one count of failure to stop and give information. Additional and upgraded charges may be issued following investigations in the crash.
Police also suspected alcohol and speed were factors in the crash.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a drunk driving accident, you should contact an experienced drunk driving accident attorney as soon as possible. While your insurance company may attempt to help you with getting some financial support, they do not always get you the full compensation you deserve. By contacting an attorney, you are ensuring you have the best chance of getting the money necessary to pay for medical treatment for your injuries and to get your life back on track.
Our team of drunk driving accident lawyers can help you navigate the difficulties that following a serious accident and get you the compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and offer FREE case consultations. Call now.