Texas Salon Injury Lawyers
Have You Been Injured at a Nail or Hair Salon?
Salons have a legal responsibility to maintain a safe and sanitary setting as well as a competent workforce. When they fail in this responsibility, serious injuries can occur.
If you’ve suffered a burn, infection, or other salon-related injury, call Thomas J. Henry Law for your free case review.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review
Beauty Salon Injuries and Lawsuits
Salons are expected to adhere to strict health and safety regulations, ensuring that all chemicals are safe and free of contamination, using products only as directed, and making sure every client receives treatment from a properly trained salon technician.
Failure to meet these guidelines can result in painful injuries, scarring, and even potentially life-threatening infections. When a beauty salon technician causes an injury, you deserve to be compensated. You can sue a salon if your injury was caused by a negligent or reckless action. Contact us today and speak with an experienced salon injury lawyer if you were hurt at a nail or hair salon.
Common Salon Injuries
Negligent work completed at hair, nail, and beauty salons can result in more than just discomfort – they can result in pain, permanent scarring and infection.
Among the most common injuries experienced at beauty salons are:
• Cuts and abrasions
• Hair loss and scalp injuries
• Chemical burns
• Wax burns
• Laser burns
• Bacterial infections
• Staph infection
• Slip and fall injuries
• Allergic reactions
You may think that receiving a small cut from a nail salon is harmless. However, if you were cut by an improperly cleaned or sanitized tool, you may have a legitimate injury claim against the salon. Let our hair and nail salon attorneys help you receive compensation for your medical bills and pain and suffering. Suing your hairdresser for negligence can help you cover the damages you have incurred.
Botox Injuries and Side Effects
Botox is a drug created from by bacterium Clostridium botulinum, which is the toxin that causes the food poisoning condition called botulism. Botox is used clinically and cosmetically for a variety of uses, including facial wrinkle removal, severe underarm sweating, chronic migraines, and overactive bladder. Generally, treatment involves injecting a small amount of Botox into a certain area of the body, paralyzing or weakening muscles or nerves.
This treatment is usually a safe practice when administered by a professional. Unfortunately, Botox injections can be dangerous when done incorrectly or irresponsibly. Botox injections can cause severe injuries and health problems when the drug migrates to other parts of the body outside of the intended treatment area, including botulism.
Signs and symptoms of botulism include:
• Muscle weakness
• Trouble swallowing, speaking, or breathing
• Loss of bladder control
• Vision problems
Botulism can lead to respiratory failure, paralysis, and in severe cases death. Patients with severe botulism may require intensive care for several months and therapy for years after recovering.
You may be entitled to compensation if a salon technician negligently administered Botox without giving proper warnings of the risks or did the procedure without care. If you suffered from serious injuries following a Botox treatment, call our salon personal injury attorneys for a consultation immediately.
Most Causes of Salon Injuries
• Failure to test products. Before using a new product, a salon must conduct a number of tests to determine whether the product could have any adverse effects on a patron’s skin, hair, or health. Failure to conduct these tests can result in hair loss, burns, and serious allergic reactions.
• Failure to select the appropriate treatment or use a treatment as directed. Salon technicians are responsible for understanding what treatment is best for a patron and how such a treatment should be used. Common failures include improper wax temperatures, leaving hair dye in too long, and not completing a skin patch test before completing a chemical treatment.
• Unsanitary instruments. Failure to follow proper sanitation methods can greatly increase the risk of bacterial and viral infections. In most extreme cases, unsanitary instruments have been linked to the spread of hepatitis, tuberculosis, and even HIV.
• Use of contaminated or expired chemicals. When left open or mixed improperly, chemicals that are often used in cosmetology treatments can result in severe allergic reactions and painful burns. It is the responsibility of the salon to ensure that all chemicals are safe before use.
Contact an Experienced Beauty Salon Injury Lawyer
Salon injuries can cause permanent scarring, life-threatening injuries, and in some cases death. The staff at beauty and hair salons are responsible for providing clean premises and safe procedures. If you have been injured due to the negligent actions of a salon technician, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced salon injury attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
Call us today for a free legal consultation so we can help you obtain compensation for the pain and suffering you experienced at the salon. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients injured at a salon across Texas and nationwide.