David Davis, a former KUSI anchor and reporter who had just recently retired from the television station, was killed in a car crash in Texas.
About the Fatal Texas Crash
According to FOX 5 San Diego, David Davis was on a cross-country road trip when he was killed in a traffic accident near Dallas, according to a report released by KUSI on Wednesday night. The time of the occurrence is unclear.
Davis joined the KUSI team in January of 2003. He has anchored in four states and won several awards for his work, including coverage of the Jeffrey Dahmer capture and week long 9/11 reports from New York, said KUSI.
He attended the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, where he earned his degree in communications. According to KUSI, he was married and had two children.
KUSI released a statement about Davis’s passing, saying the following: “We pass along our condolences to the Davis family and all those he touched here in San Diego.”
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.