A 19-year-old is dead and another teenager has been hospitalized with serious injuries following a multi-car crash in Bee Cave late Sunday night.
Details of the Fatal Bee Cave Crash
According to KXAN, Austin-Travis County EMS responded to a crash at the intersection of Ranch Road 620 South and Falcon Head Road at around 9:45 pm.
Three vehicles were at the scene of the crash. One was on its side against a guard rail and another was pinned under the first car. The third vehicle did not appear to be significantly involved in the crash and the people inside the vehicle were not injured.
The 16-year-old driver of the car that had overturned onto its side was pinned underneath the dashboard and had to be extricated. He was transported to St. David’s South Austin Medical Center in critical condition.
The 19-year-old driver of the second car was found lying about 20-feet from the crash site and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are working to determine fault and whether speed or distracted driving may have been a factor.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2017, marking a slight decrease from the 3,794 deaths reported in 2016.
- 552 of the deaths reported in 2017 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 254,853 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2017.
- Based on reportable data for 2017, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.