Corpus Christi Police Respond to Overturned 18-Wheeler near Harbor Bridge
Emergency crews responded to the sit of a trucking accident Monday morning after an 18-wheeler overturned on the I-37 northbound ramp to Highway 181.
About the Corpus Christi Trucking Accident
According to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times, the crash occurred around 10 am when a tractor-trailer hauling large pipes overturned and landed on its side. Several pipes were dislodged from the trailer and fell onto the road.
Police say the driver was turning onto the Harbor Bridge when the pipes shifted, causing the flatbed the truck was hauling to turn on its side. The driver was transported to Christus Spohn Hospital Shoreline.
Diesel was also spilled; however, police do not believe the spill will cause any environmental damage. EMS crews were cleaned up the spilt gas and cleared the scene.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.