Deadly Crash in Austin, Texas
A crash in Travis County, Texas has left one dead and two others injured.
Details of the Austin Crash
According to CBS Austin, two vehicles collided on the intersection of FM 973 and FM 812 in Austin, Texas. One man, presumed to be in his thirties, was killed, and two children were injured.
The children were taken to Dell Children’s Medical Center. Parts of FM 812 are shut down and there is only one open lane on FM 973 while the crash is being cleared up and investigated.
Intersection Crash Statistics
Intersection crashes are some of them most common making up about 40 percent of all accidents. They also make up almost 50 percent of serious accidents and about 20 percent of fatal accidents.
The majority of intersection accidents involve left turns in some way.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2017, marking a slight decrease from the 3,794 deaths reported in 2016.
- 552 of the deaths reported in 2017 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 254,853 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2017.
- Based on reportable data for 2017, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.