Ejected Driver Killed in a 2 Vehicle Crash on South Side San Antonio
A truck driver was killed after being ejected in a two-vehicle crash late Sunday night on the city’s south side district.
- According to San Antonio police, the crash happened around 9 p.m. in the 5900 block of South Flores Street.
- The two vehicles collided after a blue pickup truck pulled out in front of a large white pickup.
- The driver of the blue pickup truck was ejected from their vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
- The driver of the white pickup sustained no injuries and police say no charges are expected to be filed.
Staying safe while driving is essential to prevent accidents and protect yourself and others on the road. Here are some key ways to stay safe while driving:
1. Avoid Distractions:
- Put away your phone: Texting, calling, or using your phone while driving is a significant distraction and can lead to accidents. Use a hands-free device if you need to make a call.
- Limit in-car distractions: Minimize activities that divert your attention from the road, such as eating, adjusting the radio, or reaching for items in the backseat. Adjust your mirrors, seat, and climate controls before you start driving.
- Stay mentally focused: Avoid daydreaming or becoming lost in thought. Concentrate on the task at hand, which is safely operating your vehicle.
2. Defensive Driving:
- Stay aware of your surroundings: Continuously scan the road ahead and use your mirrors to be aware of the traffic around you. Anticipate potential hazards and be prepared to react.
- Maintain a safe following distance: Keep a sufficient gap between your vehicle and the one in front of you. The recommended following distance is at least three seconds, which should increase in adverse weather conditions.
- Obey traffic laws: Follow speed limits, obey traffic signals and signs, and use your turn signals. Avoid aggressive driving behaviors like tailgating or weaving between lanes.
Contact an Experienced Vehicle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle collision, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our personal injury firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.