Truck Driver Charged in Fatal I-75 Crash
A truck driver is facing homicide charges following a fatal crash that left four people dead.
About the Fatal Fatal Ohio Collision
Mohabe McCoy, a 39-year-old truck driver, is being charged with second-degree homicide by vehicle for causing the deaths of four people in a car crash. Video footage shows that McCoy slammed into the back of their vehicle causing them to hit the truck in front of them.
This result in their car catching fire. There were no survivors in the vehicle McCoy hit. Their bodies have all been identified. The crash happened on I-75 in Henry County, Ohio.
Traffic Accident Statistics for I-75
I-75 is the fifth most dangerous highway in the United States and its stretch in Ohio ranks as the third deadliest. This stretch of I-75 has extremely high traffic as it is a heavily traveled route.
National Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.