Wrong-Way Driver Kills Young Mother, Critically Injures Child
A 19-year-old woman was tragically killed in a car crash involving a wrong-way driver. The incident occurred on August 31st, around 11:15 p.m. on FM 624.
- According to Corpus Christi Police and 3NEWS, a 1-year-old girl remains in critical condition after a crash involving a wrong-way driver that killed her 19-year-old mother near Calallen last week.
- Haley Ramirez was driving down FM 624 child in the car when a driver going westbound in the eastbound lanes crashed into the driver’s side of Ramirez’s car.
- The alleged wrong-way driver, identified as Valisios Talarantas, and Ramirez were both pronounced dead at the scene
- Ramirez’s daughter was rushed to Driscoll Children’s Hospital where she remains in critical condition.
The Corpus Christi community is urged to support one another during this difficult time and to stay vigilant in practicing safe driving habits. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those involved.
Staying safe while driving is essential to prevent accidents and protect yourself and others on the road. Here are three key ways to stay safe while driving:
1. Avoid Distractions
- Put away your phone and other electronic devices.
- Minimize eating, drinking, or adjusting the radio while driving.
- Stay focused on the road at all times.
2. Obey Traffic Laws
- Follow posted speed limits and adjust your speed to road and weather conditions.
- Use turn signals when changing lanes or making turns.
- Come to a complete stop at stop signs and red lights.
3. Drive Sober and Alert
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription medications that impair your ability.
- Get enough rest before long trips to avoid drowsy driving. If you’re feeling tired or impaired, pull over and take a break.
Contact an Experienced Vehicle Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle collision, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our personal injury firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.