2 Dead 7 injured after Head On Collision in Refugio County
According to the Victoria Advocate, two Austin residents are dead after a head on collision in Refugio County that also injured seven others.
Details on the Refugio Accident
- Austin resident Nicole Lowenberg, 45, was driving a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover carrying four children: Nicholas Lowenberg, 14, Trey Lowenberg, 10, and Samson Stoffregen, 14.
- A 2012 Dodge Ram Pickup traveling the opposite direction crossed over the median, colliding with Ms. Lowenberg’s vehicle.
- The Dodge Ram was driven by Leo George Click, 43 and was also carrying Carol Tucker Beerwart, 45, Leo Click, 11, Sky Click, 9, and Kati Diercks, 9.
- Police are investigating the cause of the accident.
7 Injuries Reported in Refugio Car Crash
- Nicole Lowenberg and Samson Stoffregen were pronounced dead on the scene by Refugio County Justice of the Peace Lorraine Lopez.
- Carol Tucker Beerwart was taken to Citizens Medical in Victoria where she is listed in stable condition.
- Leo George Click was taken to Christus Spohn Hospital in Corpus Christi and is also listed in stable condition.
- All the children who survived the accident were taken to Driscoll Hospital in Corpus Christi where they are listed in fair condition with the exceptions of Nicholas Lowenberg and Leo Click who have been released.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.