The Nueces County medical examiner’s office has confirmed the death of a pedestrian in Corpus Christi, Texas. This is the first confirmed pedestrian fatality of the year.
About the Corpus Christi Pedestrian Accident
According to KIII-TV, the county medical examiner’s office has reported that 32-year-old Rebekah Lynn Ford was struck and killed on Wednesday the 2nd.
Police say the victim was walking on Interstate 37 near the Lantana exit where a vehicle tragically hit her.
Ford is the first reported pedestrian fatality of the year.
Keeping Safe and Crash Statistics
- In 2017, pedestrian fatalities totaled 614, a 9.7% decrease from the previous year.
- In case of a personal belonging going onto the highway, do not attempt to retrieve it.
- In case of an accident, safely pull over to the shoulder and seek professions assistance
- In no case should one attempt to walk across the highway
- If you have any temporary or long term impairment which prevents you from driving safely, do not drive.
- Extra tip: Carry emergency information cards with you on the road in the case of a disaster.
Contact an Experienced Corpus Christi Automobile Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.