San Antonio Motorist Charged with Manslaughter
San Antonio motorist, Antonio Flores, has been indicted on charges of manslaughter in connection to a traffic collision that led to the deaths of two Brandeis High School students five months ago. He was reportedly racing at the time of the collision.
Details on the San Antonio Accident
- According to news articles, Flores, 19, was driving a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer when he collided with a 2011 Chevrolet pickup.
- The collision resulted in the deaths of the pick-up’s backseat passengers, Gabriella Lerma, 17, and Georgina Rodriguez, 16.
- Neither Lerma nor Rodriguez was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the collision. The teenagers were on their way back to school after lunch.
- The accident has opened discussion on whether it is safe to continue with the open campus lunches, or if students should be required to stay on campus for lunch.
Police Inestigate the Accident
- The Lancer’s computer – black box – was sent to California for analysis by the vehicle’s manufacturer.
- The analysis found that the car was speeding leading up to the collision.
- According to the police report, Flores was racing at the time of the accident.
- Witnesses claim that while racing an unknown vehicle, Flores sped into a left turn only lane and attempted to go around the Chevrolet pick-up.
- The Lancer collided with the pick-up as it made a left hand turn, killing the two girls.
Flores is Indicted
- Flores faces two charges of manslaughter and two charges of aggravated assault.
- The teen posted the $250,000 bail the same day that he was arrested.
- Flores was previously arrested in 2011 for assault causing bodily injury and assault on a public servant causing bodily injury.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.