More than a dozen people were injured in Maryland last Tuesday when an MTA bus collided with another vehicle.
Summary of the Baltimore Bus Accident
In Sparrows Point, Maryland, 17 people were injured in a crash between an MTA bus and another vehicle.
According to Baltimore County Fire Officials, the collision occurred early Tuesday, at Trade Point Avenue in Sparrows Point. Initially, 17 people were reported to be injured, with two individuals being transported to the hospital.
More details on the crash are subject to investigation.
Bus Accident Statistics
- In 2014, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported approximately 11,000 bus accidents resulting in injuries.
- 22,000 people were injured in these accidents
- 281 people were killed in these accidents
- There were 109 fatalities involving a crash with a school bus in 2014 — the most of any bus type.
- 83 fatalities involving a transit bus
- 47 fatalities involving a cross-country, intercity bus
- 11 fatalities involving a van-based bus
- Of the 281 fatalities in crashes involving a bus, 44 were occupants on a bus.
- 79 pedestrians were killed in crashes involving a bus (27.8 percent of all bus-involved crash fatalities)
Contact an Experienced Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or your child have been injured in a bus accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our team of experienced bus accident attorneys are available to evaluate your claim 24/7, nights and weekends. Thomas J. Henry has the financial resources and the track record of winning that you need in a law firm. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide