As summer comes to an end, students begrudgingly return to their classrooms for another year of hard work. To help with this transition, Thomas J. Henry has compiled a list of tips to help prepare your children for a happy and safe school year.
5 Tips for School Safety
- Safety in Numbers – If your child is walking to school, do not let him walk alone. Find a friend or two who can join him, and encourage them all to follow proper roadside safety—such as using available sidewalks, facing the traffic, and looking both ways before crossing the street.
- Emergency Reaction – Teach your children how to call 911 and explain to them how they should act during an emergency. Remind them to stay calm and to obey what their teacher or guardian says.
- Bright and Visible – Purchase a bright and colorful bookbag for your child. The color helps him to stay visible to drivers while crossing the road and to his teachers if he should ever become lost.
- ID Update – A child’s ID that was taken over 6 months ago may not accurately represent how he looks now. Children grow and change quickly. Consider updating your child’s ID photo.
- Talk and Listen – The best way to help your children stay safe and happy this school year is to talk to them. Spend family time together; ask them about their day and who they talked with. If they share something they are struggling with, find ways to help them improve. The more you invest in your children, the more they will benefit from their classes and the more safe and comfortable they will feel.
Has Your Child Suffered a Serious Injury Due to an Accident?
If your child suffers an injury in an accident, contact Thomas J. Henry. Children are vulnerable to injury, especially when negligent individuals and property owners put their safety in jeopardy. Automobile accidents, unsafe premises, medical malpractice, and defective toys can all cause severe harm to our children
When your child suffers from a severe injury, you need a law firm with experienced injury attorneys and the legal resources to win your case. Thomas J. Henry has experience representing clients from across the nation in various types of accidents and obtaining record-breaking, real results.
Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.