A nationwide recall has been issued for Arctic Cat Prowler 500 HDX due to a significant safety hazard.
Overview of the Arctic Cat Recall
The fuel can potentially leak from the fuel fitting at the throttle body, presenting a fire hazard. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), 2,700 units have been recalled for the defect.
No injuries or deaths have been reported at this point in time.
Arctic Cat is contacting their consumers directly, so the consumer should immediately cease all use of the model and contact Arctic Cat for a free repair.
Vehicle Recall Information:
All information provided by the CPSC:
- The recall is effective for all 2014 Arctic Cat Prowler 500 HDX and some 2015 Prowler 500 HDX models.
- If consumers have the 2015 models, they should check the vehicle’s identification number (VIN). Vehicles with VINs 303194 through 305166 are the affected units.
- Consumers can find the VIN number on the rear frame tube under the back of the box.
- Units were sold at all Arctic Cat vendors from August 2013 to July 2015 at prices between $11,000 and $12,400.
- The models come in green, red, vibrant red metallic, or emerald green metallic, with “Arctic Cat” printed on either side of the hood.
- “500” is printed on the sides of the front fenders, with “HDX” on the sides of the back cargo box, and “Arctic Cat” on the cargo box tailgate.