Cephus Richard, III
Attorney at Thomas J. Henry Law's Dallas Office
Mr. Cephus Richard, III is an experienced trial attorney who has practiced law for nearly 15 years.
Mr. Richard was born and raised in Pine Bluff, Arkansas and is a graduate of Pine Bluff High School. Growing up without cable television, Mr. Richard had only a set of Encyclopedias and Legos to keep him occupied. As he read about past Presidents having law degrees, Mr. Richard gained interest in attending law school. After he completed a Trial Advocacy course and participated in Mock Trials, Mr. Richard decided he would become a Trial Attorney after acquiring his law degree.
Mr. Richard attended The University of Memphis where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering before pursuing his Doctor of Jurisprudence at The University of Arkansas School of Law at Fayetteville. He began his career as an attorney soon thereafter and has since tried dozens of cases in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and Missouri.
Joining Thomas J. Henry Law in 2022, Mr. Richard currently focuses his practice on representing clients injured in car accidents, company vehicle accidents, trucking accidents, premises liability accidents, and workplace accidents.
Outside of his work as an attorney, Mr. Richard has been married to his wife Adrienne since 1997, when they were both freshmen in college. They have three children, Tyler Kennedy, Addisyn Michelle, and Leelah Cemone, and reside in the DFW area.
- Automobile Accidents
- Company Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Arkansas
- State Bar of Missouri
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas (J.D.)
- Dean’s List
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Inns of Court
- Negotiations, Client Counseling and Trial Competitions
- Media, Entertainment, and Sports Law Association, President
- University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee (B.S.)
- Dean’s List
- Academic Discipline Committee
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., President
- Order of Omega Honor Society
- Black Scholars Unlimited, President
Professional Awards, Memberships, and Certifications
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Civil Attorneys
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys, Member
- Super Lawyers – Texas Rising Star
- Super Lawyers – Missouri and Kansas Rising Star
- Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly – Up & Coming Lawyers
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award
- NFLPA Contract Advisor
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, CLE Speaker